Here is a Must Try recipe for your spring entertaining! With a minimum of fuss on your part, your guests will be raving about this fantastic dessert for weeks after you serve it to them!
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE
Prep Time 20 minutes, Cook Time 35-40 minutes, Serves 6
- 1 lb. rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Crumble Topping:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Organic Butter Olive Oil, chilled
- 1 tablespoon Organic Butter Olive Oil, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon cranberry or apple juice
- 1. For the filling, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Toss together the rhubarb, strawberries, granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons flour in a large bowl. Transfer the mixture to a shallow 1-1/2-quart baking dish or deep-dish 9-inch pie plate, pressing down on the fruit to form an even layer.
- 2. For the crumble topping, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, and the chilled and the room temperature Organic Butter Olive Oil in a bowl. Work the ingredients together with a fork until the mixture is crumbly. Stir in the fruit juice until the mixture is evenly moistened.
- 3. Distribute the topping mixture evenly over the fruit. Bake until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden, 35-40 minutes.