I plan to stay cool as a cucumber with this summer salad recipe from Marisolio. During these warm days, we want things to be easy, delicious and cool. Try this terrific salad the next time you want a lovely side dish for your summer meal.
- 5-6 peeled cucumbers
- 2+ teaspoons salt
- Seasonings of salt, pepper and garlic powder
- ORGANIC BASIL OLIVE OIL/LEMON WHITE BALSAMIC CONDIMENTO VINAIGRETTE INGREDIENTS
- 6 oz. Organic Basil Olive Oil
- 3 oz. Lemon White Balsamic Condimento
- 1 Tablespoon Champagne Jalapeño Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 grinds of fresh pepper
- Slice the peeled cucumbers very thinly. Sprinkle the salt over the top and incorporate. The salt will release the extra water from the cucumbers. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the cucumbers with cold water, drain, and then squeeze to remove any remaining water and salt.
- Place cucumbers in a clean, dry bowl, add seasonings, and Marisolio Vinaigrette.
- MARISOLIO VINAIGRETTE
- Combine the Organic Basil Olive Oil, Lemon White Balsamic Condimento, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour enough of the vinaigrette over the cucumbers to dampen all the cucumbers and mix thoroughly. If extra vinaigrette remains, you can use it later on a green salad
- OPTION: For a colorful addition to your salad, add 1 cup of cherry tomatoes.