This fabulous recipe was linked to in our Marisolio December newsletter, but it is just too good not to repeat it. This recipe will put a smile on your face, and make your house smell divine. It is the perfect thing to eat on these cold frosty nights, and having dinner all made when you get home at the end of the day is a bonus not to be passed up.
Great Aunt Mary’s Pot Roast
- 4 lbs. boneless pot roast
- 4 Tablespoons Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 carrots, peeled, sliced lengthwise and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 3 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 onions, sliced thinly
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped in 1/4 inch chunks
- 2 cans mushrooms, drained
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Trim excess fat from the roast. Combine the flour, salt and pepper and dredge the meat with the flour mixture.
- Sear the coated meat in 4 Tablespoons Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil until brown on all sides.
- Place carrots, potatoes, onions and celery in a slow cooker and then place the meat on top. Spread the mushrooms over the top of the meat.
- With lid on the slow cooker, cook on low setting for 10 – 12 hours.
- Make a paste with the flour and water and slowly blend into the juices in the slow cooker to thicken gravy.