This recipe is adapted from one of Martha Stewart’s. These cupcakes are fast, delicious and just the perfect ending to your Valentine’s feast! The recipe features my favorite balsamic for green salad dressings: Raspberry Balsamic Condimento. Of course I had some on hand, and you will want to as well. Click on the link to order online. Better yet, stop by the shop at 488 Main Street, Murphys to taste some in person.
Raspberry Filled Molten Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 1 T. Marisolio Raspberry Balsamic
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- Pinch of salt
- 11 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted (2 1/2 cups chopped)
- 18 raspberries (36 if they are small)
- Confectioners’ sugar, for serving
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 12 cup standard muffin tin cups with paper liners. In a large bowl with a mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium high until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add Raspberry Balsamic. With mixer on low, beat in flower and salt. Beat in chocolate until just combined.
Divide half the batter among cups, add two raspberries to each, and top with remaining batter. Bake until tops are just set and no longer shiny, 10 to 11 minutes, let cool in pan on a wire rack, 10 minutes. Remove from pans, dust with confectioners’ sugar, and top with ice cream, if desired.