Do you suffer from Plain Baked Potato Syndrome? If that is the case, don’t fret, help is on the way. Marisolio is offering Dress Your Potato Day on Tuesday March 8, and we have so many ideas on how to top a baked potato, your spud will never go naked again. Come by the shop at 488 Main Street in Murphys, and for $10, get a drink and a fabulously dressed up baked potato. Call us at (209) 728-8853 if you would like to order ahead.
This is such a great concept for an easy and filling meal. How easy is it to toss a potato or two into the oven and an hour later dig into a tasty entree? We want to share just a few ideas with you on how to make that boring potato sparkle with new interest. Here are some of the toppings we are providing at our event next week:
1). Seamus Chutney: a blend of sauteed onions, curry, minced ginger, mustard seeds, cilantro, peas, and a yogurt topping
2) Leprechaun Pizza: Pizza sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella and Parmesan
3) Dunnigan Carmelized Onion and Mushroom: onion, mushrooms, wine, balsamic, parsley and gorgonzola
4) Celtic Rumbledethumps (colcannon): creamy potatoes with cabbage, Wild Fernleaf Dill Olive Oil, cheddar and chives
5) Dublin Grilled Eggplant: slices of grilled eggplant marinated in our Neapolitan Balsamic, EVOO, garlic and parsley
6) Southwest Murphys: chili, sour cream, guacamole, olives, salsa and chives